Complete Line of One and Two Piece Backbore Options.
One Piece Backbores
*One piece backbores have been discontinued and are only available while supplies last. All sizes are currently available and will continue to be available in two piece models.
Wedge trumpet backbores use the 3/8-40 thread used by most other manufacturers.
One piece backbores are the most economical and best choice for most players.
Available with a #27 or #25 throat.
Compatible with Wedge Tone Modifier for added mass.
- Small – Suitable for commercial lead, well matched to the Wedge LV, ES and S cups. Produces compact, focused sound. (*SOLD OUT)
- Medium – Suitable for all round playing, well matched to the Wedge M, MV cups. Slightly broader sound while still providing good compression for the upper register. (*SOLD OUT)
- Medium Large – Symphonic backbore best suited for orchestral and other “legit” playing. Produces broad, resonant sound. Best suited to MD, MDV, RT, D cup. (*STILL AVAILABLE)
Two Piece Trumpet Backbores
Wedge trumpet backbores are also available as two piece models. Two piece models offer the following advantages.
- Choice of heavy weight or regular weight upper backbore section.
- Adding mass to the backbore adds core and darkness to the sound by reducing some of the brighter overtones. Slotting, or the security with which a note locks in, is increased.
- Added mass makes the mouthpiece slightly less responsive to soft articulation.
- Wider selection of sizes, including TT (between S and M), Medium Large-Large, and Large sizes.
- Choice of full length Bb length or shorter C length shank.
- The shorter C shank improves some of the pitch issues with some C trumpets by raising the pitch of the 4th space E and surrounding notes, reducing the need for alternate fingerings.
- Choice of longer or shorter gap adjusting shanks. Plus 1, Plus 2, Minus 1 and Minus 2 shanks decrease or increase the mouthpiece gap by increments of 1/16 inch.
There are no products listed under this category.