Complete Line of One and Two Piece Backbore Options.
One Piece Backbores
Wedge trumpet backbores use the 3/8-40 thread used by most other manufacturers.
One piece backbores are the most economical and best choice for most players.
Available with a #27 or #25 throat.
Compatible with Wedge Tone Modifier for added mass.
Sizes Small, Medium, and Medium Large.
- Small – Suitable for commercial lead, well matched to the Wedge LV, ES and S cups. Produces compact, focused sound.
- Medium – Suitable for all round playing, well matched to the Wedge M, MV cups. Slightly broader sound while still providing good compression for the upper register.
- Medium Large – Symphonic backbore best suited for orchestral and other “legit” playing. Produces broad, resonant sound. Best suited to MD, MDV, RT, D cup.
Two Piece Trumpet Backbores
Wedge trumpet backbores are also available as two piece models. Two piece models offer the following advantages.
- Choice of heavy weight or regular weight upper backbore section.
- Adding mass to the backbore adds core and darkness to the sound by reducing some of the brighter overtones. Slotting, or the security with which a note locks in, is increased.
- Added mass makes the mouthpiece slightly less responsive to soft articulation.
- Wider selection of sizes, including TT (between S and M), Medium Large-Large, and Large sizes.
- Choice of full length Bb length or shorter C length shank.
- The shorter C shank improves some of the pitch issues with some C trumpets by raising the pitch of the 4th space E and surrounding notes, reducing the need for alternate fingerings.
- Choice of longer or shorter gap adjusting shanks. Plus 1, Plus 2, Minus 1 and Minus 2 shanks decrease or increase the mouthpiece gap by increments of 1/16 inch.
Go to One Piece Trumpet Backbores
Go to Two Piece Trumpet Backbores
Go to Trumpet Shanks (Lower Backbore Sections)
There are no products listed under this category.