- Characteristics -
- ID: 1.14 inches
- Throat: .310 inches
- The Giannini Gen 2 114D was developed in conjunction with Italian jazz bass trombonist Giancarlo Giannini. The rim diameter is the same as our 1G bass trombone mouthpiece with cup depth similar to the S59 (Wedge version of Schilke 59). This combination produces a very efficient mouthpiece for those players who like a large diameter and cup that is not as deep as our 1G mouthpiece. It provides excellent sound throughout all registers from the bottom of the horn to the high range, with improved upper register support and better endurance for most players compared to the 1G.
- The Gen 2 Wedge low brass mouthpieces have a second generation Wedge design that incorporates elements from our highly successful Gen 2 high brass rim. They have an accentuated oval rim shape that extends right down to the base of the cup. This unique oval cup shape amplifies the effect of the Wedge rim, providing greater responsiveness and more core to the sound compared to a conventional round cup of similar depth and volume.
- Note - Some bass trombones, for example some vintage King models, have an extra deep receiver. If your mouthpiece inserts more than 1.25 inches (31 mm) into your leadpipe be sure to select the BT Deep Receiver option when ordering bass trombone mouthpieces.
- Acclimatization - Acclimatization time varies, but most players find they have fully adjusted to the new rim shape within a few days. Most players are able to alternate between a Wedge rim and conventional rim, although the vast majority of players will convert all of their mouthpieces to the Wedge design because of its obvious advantages once they have adapted. We do offer discounts to players who need to purchase a number of Wedge mouthpieces for various instruments.
- Guarantee and Return Policy - www.wedgemouthpiece.com/guarantee-return-policy/