This mouthpiece has minor cosmetic blemishes that do not affect the functionality of the mouthpiece.
- Characteristics - The B3C is based on a scan of a Bach 3C mouthpiece with the Wedge DOC rim and cup. This is an excellent all round mouthpiece. The cup of the Bach 3C is shallower than the C cup of other sizes in the line. As a result this mouthpiece is actually shallower than the smaller diameter B5C and B7C. It is intermediate in depth between the B3B and B3D.
- This top has a 10 degree angle
- This top is designed to be used with a Wedge, Warburton, or similar backbore, which can be purchased separately.
- Standard Brand Design - All mouthpieces in the SB line are made by doing a digital scan of the conventional mouthpiece. The cup and alpha angle are slightly modified, and a Wedge rim is programmed to produce a mouthpiece that has a feel and performance similar to the original, but with Wedge advantages. This mouthpiece has our new Double Oval Cup (DOC). The diameter of the rim and cup in the vertical dimension is 10/1000 of an inch larger than it is from side to side. This means that the oval shape of the Wedge rim is continued down to the base of the cup where it joins the throat. The DOC design, found only in Wedge mouthpieces, provides the added efficiency of a smaller mouthpiece with the big sound, clear attacks, and flexibility of the larger mouthpiece.
- Acclimatization - Acclimatization time varies, but most players find they have fully adjusted to the new rim shape within a few days. Most players are able to alternate between a Wedge rim and conventional rim, although the vast majority of players will convert all of their mouthpieces to the Wedge design because of its obvious advantages once they have adapted. We do offer discounts to players who need to purchase a number of Wedge mouthpieces for various instruments.
- Guarantee and Return Policy - Discounted items are final sale and are not accepted for refund or exchange.
- Plating Options - This mouthpiece is silver plated.