- Characteristics - This mouthpiece was deigned by Dr Dave for his own personal use. It is based on a Bach 10-1/2C with some important modifications. The diameter is slightly larger, with a deeper, more bowl shaped cup. The rim has an increased lateral dip of 35/1000 compared to 30/1000 used in most standard brand DOC mouthpieces. This accentuates the Wedge effect. The outer diameter of the rim has been increased to produce a very comfortable cushioned effect. The increased lateral dip means that the cushioned rim still provides great efficiency and flexibility despite the increased OD.
The DHC provides all of the efficiency of a B10.5C with a bigger sound and extra comfort. It is suitable as an orchestral mouthpiece for players who like a smaller diameter, and also works very well as a piccolo mouthpiece for players who use larger equipment on their Bb or C trumpet.
- Standard Brand Design - All mouthpieces in the SB line are made by doing a digital scan of the conventional mouthpiece. The cup and alpha angle are slightly modified, and a Wedge rim is programmed to produce a mouthpiece that has a feel and performance similar to the original, but with Wedge advantages. This mouthpiece has our new Double Oval Cup (DOC). The diameter of the rim and cup in the vertical dimension is 10/1000 of an inch larger than it is from side to side. This means that the oval shape of the Wedge rim is continued down to the base of the cup where it joins the throat. The DOC design, found only in Wedge mouthpieces, provides the added efficiency of a smaller mouthpiece with the big sound, clear attacks, and flexibility of the larger mouthpiece.
- Acclimatization - Acclimatization time varies, but most players find they have fully adjusted to the new rim shape within a few days. Most players are able to alternate between a Wedge rim and conventional rim, although the vast majority of players will convert all of their mouthpieces to the Wedge design because of its obvious advantages once they have adapted. We do offer discounts to players who need to purchase a number of Wedge mouthpieces for various instruments.
- Guarantee and Return Policy - Discounted items are final sale and are not accepted for refund or exchange.
- Plating Options - These mouthpieces are silver plated.