- Characteristics - This mouthpiece is designed to meet the needs of a player who likes the characteristics of the Bach 1-1/2C mouthpiece. This is the most popular mouthpiece we sell for classical, orchestral or quintet playing. The profiles here show the shape of the B1.5C compared to its closest cousins, the larger B1C and B1.25C, and the slightly smaller, more bowl shaped B2C and more V shaped B3B.
- This mouthpiece has a #25 (.1495 inch) throat - a larger throat for more open blow. Choose a #25 throat if your mouthpiece feels stuffy with too much resistance, and you are an advanced player with good breath support
The B1.5C is the signature mouthpiece of Brandon Ridenour, formerly of the Canadian Brass. Most players will find that the B1.5C will provide a more even response in all registers compared to the original. This is an excellent choice for orchestral and quintet playing. All mouthpieces in the SB line are made by doing a digital scan of the conventional mouthpiece. The cup and alpha angle are slightly modified, and a Wedge rim is programmed to produce a mouthpiece that has a feel and performance similar to the original, but with Wedge advantages.
- Standard Brand Design - All mouthpieces in the SB line are made by doing a digital scan of the conventional mouthpiece. The cup and alpha angle are slightly modified, and a Wedge rim is programmed to produce a mouthpiece that has a feel and performance similar to the original, but with Wedge advantages. This mouthpiece has our new Double Oval Cup (DOC). The diameter of the rim and cup in the vertical dimension is 10/1000 of an inch larger than it is from side to side. This means that the oval shape of the Wedge rim is continued down to the base of the cup where it joins the throat. The DOC design, found only in Wedge mouthpieces, provides the added efficiency of a smaller mouthpiece with the big sound, clear attacks, and flexibility of the larger mouthpiece.
- Acclimatization - Acclimatization time varies, but most players find they have fully adjusted to the new rim shape within a few days. Most players are able to alternate between a Wedge rim and conventional rim, although the vast majority of players will convert all of their mouthpieces to the Wedge design because of its obvious advantages once they have adapted. We do offer discounts to players who need to purchase a number of Wedge mouthpieces for various instruments.
- Guarantee and Return Policy - This mouthpiece is from a discontinued line and is not accepted for refunds or exchanges.