- Inner Diameter: .670 measured .04 inches into the cup.
- Outer Diameter: 1.124
- Cup Depth: This mouthpiece has an MV (Medium V) cup, which is similar to a Bach 3C. It is also similar to the Bach 7E, Schilke or Yamaha B, GR M, Curry M, and Warburton M cup, but it has a slightly more V shaped transition into the throat, which darkens the sound slightly. It is an excellent all round mouthpiece with a very versatile sound. It is suitable for concert band, marching band, and jazz or big band. The M cup can also be made to blend in a chamber group or orchestral setting, especially when used with a heavyweight backbore in order to darken the sound. It functions well as a Piccolo trumpet mouthpiece with a medium cup is desired.
- Backbore: This mouthpiece comes on a Medium backbore.
- Wedge Generation 2 Line - The Generation 2 trumpet mouthpieces are designed to incorporate the advantages of the Wedge rim and oval cup in a mouthpiece that is very comfortable and easy to adapt to from a conventional rim. The rim is slightly wider than our original Standard Brand rims. This mouthpiece has our new Double Oval Cup (DOC). The diameter of the rim and cup in the vertical dimension is 10/1000 of an inch larger than it is from side to side. This means that the oval shape of the Wedge rim is continued down to the base of the cup where it joins the throat. The DOC design, found only in Wedge mouthpieces, provides the added efficiency of a smaller mouthpiece with the big sound, clear attacks, and flexibility of the larger mouthpiece.
- Acclimatisation - Acclimatisation time varies, but most players find they have fully adjusted to the new rim shape within a few days. Most players are able to alternate between a Wedge rim and conventional rim, although the vast majority of players will convert all of their mouthpieces to the Wedge design because of its obvious advantages once they have adapted. We do offer discounts to players who need to purchase a number of Wedge mouthpieces for various instruments.