- Inner Diameter: .660 measured .04 inches into the cup.
- Outer Diameter: 1.114
- Cup Depth: This mouthpiece has an MDV (Medium Deep V) cup, which is similar to a Bach 1 1/2 C or 5C, Warburton MD, regular Schilke, or Yamaha C cup, but it has a slightly more V shaped transition into the throat. This cup produces a large, dark orchestral sound, which is made a little darker than the MD cup by the extra V shape.
- Backbore: This top is best used on an ML (Medium-Large) backbore which can be purchased here.
- Wedge Generation 2 Line - The Generation 2 trumpet mouthpieces are designed to incorporate the advantages of the Wedge rim and oval cup in a mouthpiece that is very comfortable and easy to adapt to from a conventional rim. The rim is slightly wider than our original Standard Brand rims. This mouthpiece has our new Double Oval Cup (DOC). The diameter of the rim and cup in the vertical dimension is 10/1000 of an inch larger than it is from side to side. This means that the oval shape of the Wedge rim is continued down to the base of the cup where it joins the throat. The DOC design, found only in Wedge mouthpieces, provides the added efficiency of a smaller mouthpiece with the big sound, clear attacks, and flexibility of the larger mouthpiece.
- Acclimatization - Acclimatization time varies, but most players find they have fully adjusted to the new rim shape within a few days. Most players are able to alternate between a Wedge rim and conventional rim, although the vast majority of players will convert all of their mouthpieces to the Wedge design because of its obvious advantages once they have adapted. We do offer discounts to players who need to purchase a number of Wedge mouthpieces for various instruments.
This is the best mouthpiece I’ ve been using in years. I began using it as soon as it arrives with no problems at all. The day it arrives I played an opera and i feels as confortable as my Wedge 67MDV. As I told in a previews message, these mouthpeices saved my trumpet playing career.
Dave, thanks for your advice full of wisdom. The best for you guys,