- Inner Diameter: .660 measured .04 inches into the cup.
- Outer Diameter: 1.114
- Cup Depth: This mouthpiece has an ES (Extra Shallow) cup, which is similar to a Schilke 6A4A, Schilke 13A4A, Bach 3E, and GR ES cup. It is intended for maximizing upper register performance when playing commercial lead or similar types of playing. This cup produces a bright sound excellent projection while still maintaining an accessible lower register that unlike other shallow mouthpieces does not sound restricted.
- Backbore: This mouthpiece comes on an Small backbore.
The throat on this mouthpiece has been opened to #25 (.1495 inch), a larger throat for more open blow. Choose a #25 throat if your mouthpiece feels stuffy with too much resistance, and you are an advanced player with good breath support.
- This mouthpiece has a 5 degree angled rim for moderate overbite.
- Wedge Generation 2 Line - The Generation 2 trumpet mouthpieces are designed to incorporate the advantages of the Wedge rim and oval cup in a mouthpiece that is very comfortable and easy to adapt to from a conventional rim. The rim is slightly wider than our original Standard Brand rims. This mouthpiece has our new Double Oval Cup (DOC). The diameter of the rim and cup in the vertical dimension is 10/1000 of an inch larger than it is from side to side. This means that the oval shape of the Wedge rim is continued down to the base of the cup where it joins the throat. The DOC design, found only in Wedge mouthpieces, provides the added efficiency of a smaller mouthpiece with the big sound, clear attacks, and flexibility of the larger mouthpiece.
- Acclimatization - Acclimatization time varies, but most players find they have fully adjusted to the new rim shape within a few days. Most players are able to alternate between a Wedge rim and conventional rim, although the vast majority of players will convert all of their mouthpieces to the Wedge design because of its obvious advantages once they have adapted. We do offer discounts to players who need to purchase a number of Wedge mouthpieces for various instruments.