- Inner Diameter: .620 measured .04 inches into the cup.
- Outer Diameter: 1.094
- Cup Depth: This mouthpiece has a S (Shallow) cup, which is similar to a Schilke or Yamaha 14A4A, Warburton SV, Reeves S, Bach 3D, or GR S cup. It is an excellent mouthpiece for commercial lead and also for pit and pops. The Wedge rim produces a much better lower register than a comparable mouthpiece of this cup depth, so the low range sounds more like a Bach 3C then it does like a lead mouthpiece. This is also a mouthpiece for Piccolo trumpet if one prefers a shallow cup.
Backbore: This top is best used on an S (Small) backbore which can be purchased here.
- The throat on this top has been opened to #25, .1495 inch - a larger throat for more open blow. Choose a #25 throat if your mouthpiece feels stuffy with too much resistance, and you are an advanced player with good breath support
- Wedge Generation 2 Line - The Generation 2 trumpet mouthpieces are designed to incorporate the advantages of the Wedge rim and oval cup in a mouthpiece that is very comfortable and easy to adapt to from a conventional rim. The rim is slightly wider than our original Standard Brand rims. This mouthpiece has our new Double Oval Cup (DOC). The diameter of the rim and cup in the vertical dimension is 10/1000 of an inch larger than it is from side to side. This means that the oval shape of the Wedge rim is continued down to the base of the cup where it joins the throat. The DOC design, found only in Wedge mouthpieces, provides the added efficiency of a smaller mouthpiece with the big sound, clear attacks, and flexibility of the larger mouthpiece.
- Acclimatization - Acclimatization time varies, but most players find they have fully adjusted to the new rim shape within a few days. Most players are able to alternate between a Wedge rim and conventional rim, although the vast majority of players will convert all of their mouthpieces to the Wedge design because of its obvious advantages once they have adapted. We do offer discounts to players who need to purchase a number of Wedge mouthpieces for various instruments.
- Guarantee and Return Policy - Most Wedge mouthpieces come with our 90 day money back guarantee. The mouthpiece can be returned for a full refund if it is not clearly superior to your regular mouthpiece, provided it is still in new condition (minor insertion marks are accepted). Exceptions are custom mouthpieces and discounted mouthpieces.