- Characteristics - The 114D Gen 2 Bass trombone mouthpiece is similar in diameter and cup depth to a Schilke 60 or Bach 1G. Wedge Gen 2 Wedge low brass mouthpieces have a second generation Wedge design that incorporates elements from our highly successful Gen 2 high brass rim. They have an accentuated oval rim shape that extends right down to the base of the cup. This unique oval cup shape amplifies the effect of the Wedge rim, providing greater responsiveness and more core to the sound compared to a conventional round cup of similar depth and volume.
- The 114D is similar to the Giannini 114D. However, the Giannini model has a slightly softer rim bite and slightly narrower rim. The rim is still wider than most bass trombone mouthpieces such as the Schilke 60 or Bach 1G.
ID: 1.14 inches
Throat: .310 inches.
Note: Some bass trombones, for example some vintage King models, have an extra deep receiver. If your mouthpiece inserts more than 1.25 inches (31 mm) into your leadpipe be sure to select the BT Deep Receiver option when ordering bass trombone mouthpieces.
- Acclimatization - Acclimatization time varies, but most players find they have fully adjusted to the new rim shape within a few days. Most players are able to alternate between a Wedge rim and conventional rim, although the vast majority of players will convert all of their mouthpieces to the Wedge design because of its obvious advantages once they have adapted. We do offer discounts to players who need to purchase a number of Wedge mouthpieces for various instruments.
- Material - These mouthpieces are made from Acrylic plastic. Here are some of its characteristics:
- Feels softer on the chops because it has more give than metal. This is a great advantage for players with braces.
- Not as slippery as silver, giving more grip.
- Added grip makes Acrylic mouthpieces feel slightly smaller than their metal counterparts with the same size designation.
- More comfortable to play in cold weather because they feel warm on the chops.
- Plastic mouthpieces are more responsive than brass, making soft entries more secure.
- Sound is slightly darker than brass
- Less core in the sound compared to brass.
- Guarantee and Return Policy - www.wedgemouthpiece.com/guarantee-return-policy/