Characteristics - The 101GS is similar in size and playing characteristics to a Bach 5GS, DE 101F, Yamaha 51B, Schilke 51C4 or Wick 5ABL. The 101GS has an ID of 1.01inches, a.280 throat, and is available with a small or large shank.
The Gen 2 Wedge low brass mouthpieces have a second generation Wedge design that incorporates elements from our highly successful Gen 2 high brass rim. They have an accentuated oval rim shape that extends right down to the base of the cup. This unique oval cup shape amplifies the effect of the Wedge rim, providing greater responsiveness and more core to the sound compared to a conventional round cup of similar depth and volume.
Material - These mouthpieces are made from Acrylic plastic, here are some of its characteristics:
- Feels softer than brass but less soft than Delrin on the chops.
- Less slippery than metal but more slippery than Delrin.
- Grip intermediate between Delrin and silver.
- Feels slightly smaller than the metal counterparts.
- Smoother than Delrin, very similar to silver.
- Comfortable to play in cold weather.
- Responsive to soft articulation.
- Articulation is clearer than Delrin, very similar to metal.
- Sound is slightly darker than brass and brighter than Delrin.
- More core in the sound than Delrin, but not as much core as metal.
Acclimatization - Acclimatization time varies, but most players find they have fully adjusted to the new rim shape within a few days. Most players are able to alternate between a Wedge rim and conventional rim, although the vast majority of players will convert all of their mouthpieces to the Wedge design because of its obvious advantages once they have adapted. We do offer discounts to players who need to purchase a number of Wedge mouthpieces for various instruments.
Return Policy - www.wedgemouthpiece.com/guarantee-return-policy/