Inner diameter: 1.01 inches
Throat: .280 inches
- The 101G is similar in size and playing characteristics to a Bach 5G or Schilke 51. It is our most popular symphonic trombone mouthpiece. The 101G has a .280 throat.
The Gen 2 Wedge low brass mouthpieces have a second generation Wedge design that incorporates elements from our highly successful Gen 2 high brass rim. They have an accentuated oval rim shape that extends right down to the base of the cup. This unique oval cup shape amplifies the effect of the Wedge rim, providing greater responsiveness and more core to the sound compared to a conventional round cup of similar depth and volume.
- Material - These mouthpieces is made from Acrylic plastic. Here are some of its characteristics:
- Feels softer on the chops because it has more give than metal. This is a great advantage for players with braces.
- Not as slippery as silver, giving more grip.
- Added grip makes Acrylic mouthpieces feel slightly smaller than their metal counterparts with the same size designation.
- More comfortable to play in cold weather because they feel warm on the chops.
- Plastic mouthpieces are more responsive than brass, making soft entries more secure.
- Sound is slightly darker than brass
- Less core in the sound compared to brass.
- Sounds very similar to brass when used with a tone modifier.
- Acclimatization - Acclimatization time varies, but most players find they have fully adjusted to the new rim shape within a few days. Most players are able to alternate between a Wedge rim and conventional rim, although the vast majority of players will convert all of their mouthpieces to the Wedge design because of its obvious advantages once they have adapted. We do offer discounts to players who need to purchase a number of Wedge mouthpieces for various instruments.
- Guarantee and Return Policy - www.wedgemouthpiece.com/guarantee-return-policy/