Characteristics - The 100AL is similar in size and playing characteristics to a Bach 6-1/2AL or Yamaha 48L. It bridges the gap between the smaller, shallower 98C and the full sizes symphonic 101GS or 101G. The 100AL has an ID of 1.00 inches and a .270 (.686mm) throat.
The Gen 2 Wedge low brass mouthpieces have a second generation Wedge design that incorporates elements from our highly successful Gen 2 high brass rim. They have an accentuated oval rim shape that extends right down to the base of the cup. This unique oval cup shape amplifies the effect of the Wedge rim, providing greater responsiveness and more core to the sound compared to a conventional round cup of similar depth and volume.
Acclimatization - Acclimatization time varies, but most players find they have fully adjusted to the new rim shape within a few days. Most players are able to alternate between a Wedge rim and conventional rim, although the vast majority of players will convert all of their mouthpieces to the Wedge design because of its obvious advantages once they have adapted. We do offer discounts to players who need to purchase a number of Wedge mouthpieces for various instruments.
- Feels softer than brass but less soft and Delrin on the chops.
- Sounds very similar to brass when used with brass or stainless steel backbore.
- Less slippery than metal but more slippery than Delrin.
- Grip intermediate between Delrin and silver.
- Feel slightly smaller than the metal counterparts.
- Smoother than Delrin, very similar to silver.
- Comfortable to play in cold weather.
- Responsive to soft articulation.
- Articulation is clearer than Delrin, very similar to metal.
- Sound is slightly darker than brass and brighter than Delrin.
- More core in the sound than Delrin, but not as much core as metal.
Guarantee and Return Policy - www.wedgemouthpiece.com/guarantee-return-policy/
Shank Options: Also available in large shank, medium European shank, and Remington shank. If you want a medium European shank or Remington shank please add that comment to the order notes at checkout.